Quick doubt (Minigames)

DarkNecros16

Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:35 pm

I had a recurrently doubt while writting scripts, and it's about the mini-games that are needed to unlock sex scenes, some users love it and others think they are a waste of time, but this is a direct question to the artists.

Including mini-games in our scripts make the games more enjoyable, or dispensing with them makes scripts easier to create?
BigK7o8

Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:40 am

DarkNecros16 wrote:
I had a recurrently doubt while writting scripts, and it's about the mini-games that are needed to unlock sex scenes, some users love it and others think they are a waste of time, but this is a direct question to the artists.

Including mini-games in our scripts make the games more enjoyable, or dispensing with them makes scripts easier to create?
I personally love mini-games but just know they take a loooong time to animate. It’s something that took me a while to get right and I still mess it up sometimes, but when writing a script if you feel like it needs to include a mini-game it’s going to limit the time that can be spent on the rest of the game. Make the intro shorter, the ending shorter, and maybe limit the story to only two sex scenes.
DarkNecros16

Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:11 am

BigK7o8 wrote:
DarkNecros16 wrote:

I personally love mini-games but just know they take a loooong time to animate. It’s something that took me a while to get right and I still mess it up sometimes, but when writing a script if you feel like it needs to include a mini-game it’s going to limit the time that can be spent on the rest of the game. Make the intro shorter, the ending shorter, and maybe limit the story to only two sex scenes.
But it's ok if I decide to put it aside to prioritize the sex scenes?
BigK7o8

Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:38 am

DarkNecros16 wrote:
BigK7o8 wrote:
DarkNecros16 wrote:

My recommendation is to do whatever you think is the right solution to make the best game. If you think making the best game means writing a script with a mini-game and less story and sex scenes go for it, if you think that means writing a script with no mini game and more story and sex then do that, it all depends on the story and what you think is going to produce the best game.
DarkNecros16

Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:49 am

BigK7o8 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:38 am
DarkNecros16 wrote:
BigK7o8 wrote:

My recommendation is to do whatever you think is the right solution to make the best game. If you think making the best game means writing a script with a mini-game and less story and sex scenes go for it, if you think that means writing a script with no mini game and more story and sex then do that, it all depends on the story and what you think is going to produce the best game.
Ok, that sounds pretty well to me
mnf_vadim
Site Admin

Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:53 am

The mini-games are hard to make, but sometimes I enjoy making them more than sex scenes, especially if the previous games didn't have mini-games.
EnigmaticOnion

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:05 pm

What about minigames that ARE sex scenes? Like more than just the usual easy/medium/hard stuff?
mnf_vadim
Site Admin

Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:36 am

EnigmaticOnion wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:05 pm
What about minigames that ARE sex scenes? Like more than just the usual easy/medium/hard stuff?
It depends on the sex scene, but usually it is easier to make than a regular mini-game.