Possible solution to Flash problems

mnf_vadim
Site Admin

Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:49 pm

OhmaTokita wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 am
Avast did not like X-Opera running. I am not sure what happened but as I ran X-Opera Avast notified me of Phishing and I cannot find the location X-Opera is running from when I try to uninstall it from my PC. It is not even under my apps. When I open add or remove programs its there but hitting uninstall notifies me of it being missing. For some reason I was able to run X-Opera even though I think it got quarantined by Avast. I logged in and couldn't play any flash games even after turning flash on. I also see a windows update is required right now when I hit start on windows and I think that's the update the forcibly removes flash from the PC.
Yeap, I heard about that. As far as I know Avast and AVG do not like the part of X-Opera browser that allows Flash player to keep working despite all killswitchs and system blocks that Adobe added. You know that Adobe turned all Flash players off, right?

I personally use free version of Bitdefender, but as far as I know the built-in Windows 10 antivirus is good by itself. Also, please don't be afraid to update Windows.
serega_mnf

Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:05 pm

OhmaTokita wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 am
Avast did not like X-Opera running. I am not sure what happened but as I ran X-Opera Avast notified me of Phishing and I cannot find the location X-Opera is running from when I try to uninstall it from my PC. It is not even under my apps. When I open add or remove programs its there but hitting uninstall notifies me of it being missing. For some reason I was able to run X-Opera even though I think it got quarantined by Avast. I logged in and couldn't play any flash games even after turning flash on. I also see a windows update is required right now when I hit start on windows and I think that's the update the forcibly removes flash from the PC.
I had exact same issue with Avast antivirus when I tried to install misc software that I downloaded from the web.
Here is what you need to do to avoid it.
1) Turn off you Avast.
2) Then run 'x-opera_setup.exe'.
3) Then start X-Opera for a first time and try to play any flash game for a test.
4) Then turn Avast back on.

This problem is common for some antivirus softwares like AVG and Avast, they don't allow you to use any software unless it was gotten from Windows Store. Though X-Opera has been tested with both Avast and AVG (none of them had found any virus) they just keep blocking any soft downloaded from the web anyway.

I has removed Avast after that and now I use BitDefender. BitDefender is free and has much better rating in any antivirus charts.