What happens when Flash dies?

seandione

Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:03 pm

I see these games are built on flash. I heard flash is going to stop being supported by the end of 2020. So what do you guys think is going to happen to all of these games and the future of MNF?Will the games start being made by an html5 game engine like Phaser or something? I'm new here and dont really know where to ask something like this.
hungmommy

Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:39 pm

seandione wrote:
I see these games are built on flash. I heard flash is going to stop being supported by the end of 2020. So what do you guys think is going to happen to all of these games and the future of MNF?Will the games start being made by an html5 game engine like Phaser or something? I'm new here and dont really know where to ask something like this.
Ya that's a good question I don't want these games to go I hope they have a plan.
BigK7o8

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:03 am

seandione wrote:
html5 has a built in engine that plays legacy flash games and animations, so the older games and stuff will be completely safe, and won’t be lost. There’s also a lot of open source stuff available that is identical to flash, although I’m not sure if any of them allow for new creations or simply support legacy content, but I’d bet money somebody is working on a usable freeware flash player.

Vadim has posted on this forum before about what programs they use, and, if I remember correctly, most of the character modelling and rendering is done in adobe photoshop. Photoshop has continued support from Adobe so even in a worst case scenario the webmasters will have access to their work and be able to port it into animation software that uses photoshop (which is basically everything)

tl:dr older games will be playable through built in browser plugins, new games might need a new engine but the creators probably won’t lose their work because photoshop isn’t going anywhere
hungmommy

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:01 am

BigK7o8 wrote:
seandione wrote:
html5 has a built in engine that plays legacy flash games and animations, so the older games and stuff will be completely safe, and won’t be lost. There’s also a lot of open source stuff available that is identical to flash, although I’m not sure if any of them allow for new creations or simply support legacy content, but I’d bet money somebody is working on a usable freeware flash player.

Vadim has posted on this forum before about what programs they use, and, if I remember correctly, most of the character modelling and rendering is done in adobe photoshop. Photoshop has continued support from Adobe so even in a worst case scenario the webmasters will have access to their work and be able to port it into animation software that uses photoshop (which is basically everything)

tl:dr older games will be playable through built in browser plugins, new games might need a new engine but the creators probably won’t lose their work because photoshop isn’t going anywhere
OK that makes me feel a little better.
Mona

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:21 am

My initial thought on seeing this post title was

"They'll write him back in, he's died like once a season by this point I think."
hungmommy

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:52 am

Mona wrote:

"They'll write him back in, he's died like once a season by this point I think."
are you talking about the show flash?
Kelumir

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:13 pm

hungmommy wrote:
Mona wrote:

I believe he as thinking about the DC superhero.
Mona

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:44 am

Kelumir wrote:
hungmommy wrote:
Mona wrote:

I'm attempting humour.

It didn't go so well.
hungmommy

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:01 am

Mona wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:44 am
Kelumir wrote:
hungmommy wrote:

I'm attempting humour.

It didn't go so well.
My apologies I have a bad habit of not getting jokes the first time lol.
Now that i get it that was pretty clever lol
seandione

Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:13 am

BigK7o8 wrote:
seandione wrote:
This is great to hear because honestly Meet and Fuck Games are the best that i've come across in the market.
This leads me to another question though: how exactly does someone learn to make story/dialogue driven games like this? Where do I start?