Alternative to Subscription

ThePiedBagpiper

Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:50 am

I'm not the biggest fan of subscription services, given my tendency to lose interest, have only limited interest in the service or not have the best of finances.
So I want to know: Is there any chance of an alternative? If the games were available for purchase and permanent download, I know, for a fact, that there's several that I would buy, in a heartbeat. Particularly if things like bundles for things like series or even creators existed.
I'm not suggesting that subscriptions not be a thing. I figure there are several ways to keep such a service viable, like early access, discounts on purchases, priority when voting, etcetera.
All I know is: As much as I love the product, I don't love it enough to maintain my subscription forever. Buying the product at a relatively higher price per-unit, I absolutely love it enough to do.
takumbet

Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:51 am

ThePiedBagpiper wrote:
I'm not the biggest fan of subscription services, given my tendency to lose interest, have only limited interest in the service or not have the best of finances.
So I want to know: Is there any chance of an alternative? If the games were available for purchase and permanent download, I know, for a fact, that there's several that I would buy, in a heartbeat. Particularly if things like bundles for things like series or even creators existed.
I'm not suggesting that subscriptions not be a thing. I figure there are several ways to keep such a service viable, like early access, discounts on purchases, priority when voting, etcetera.
All I know is: As much as I love the product, I don't love it enough to maintain my subscription forever. Buying the product at a relatively higher price per-unit, I absolutely love it enough to do.
But then someone would buy the games & upload them on other platforms for free which would hurt MNF's Business.
ThePiedBagpiper

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:53 am

takumbet wrote:
ThePiedBagpiper wrote:
But then someone would buy the games & upload them on other platforms for free which would hurt MNF's Business.
True enough.
But there's two things worth noting:
- That already happens.
- Plenty folk offer there stuff for download, have it re-uploaded and still make a living.
Not saying my idea wouldn't make it all the easier for jerks to cause MnF problems, but it seems like a manageable inevitability. Especially given the possible increase in purchases and web traffic from people like me who are keen to play the games but not subscribe.
Up to them if they want to live with the exchange, ultimately.
takumbet

Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:27 pm

ThePiedBagpiper wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:53 am
takumbet wrote:
ThePiedBagpiper wrote:
True enough.
But there's two things worth noting:
- That already happens.
- Plenty folk offer there stuff for download, have it re-uploaded and still make a living.
Not saying my idea wouldn't make it all the easier for jerks to cause MnF problems, but it seems like a manageable inevitability. Especially given the possible increase in purchases and web traffic from people like me who are keen to play the games but not subscribe.
Up to them if they want to live with the exchange, ultimately.
Ye ye, I see. Who knows, maybe MNF can find a solution to make their service more accessible to people in the future
mnf_vadim
Site Admin

Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:41 pm

Thank you for the suggestion, we will think about alternative to subscription payment solution.
ThePiedBagpiper

Sat May 01, 2021 12:52 am

mnf_vadim wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:41 pm
Thank you for the suggestion, we will think about alternative to subscription payment solution.
Well, holy smokes. The system works :D
My wallet and I will keep an ear to the ground, thank you.
mnf_vadim
Site Admin

Mon May 03, 2021 3:43 am

You can send me your walled by the post service and I'll handle your purchase by myself :) I'm kidding dude, just kidding....