Back to Lavindor Kingdom

Jimjim3DX

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Serrated wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm
After reading the first post of this thread, by Serega, I decided to go ahead and start creating some origin lore for the founding of MNF Metropolis.

The setting will take place in a medieval time, and the first human being to set foot on the island (which has yet to be named) will be Officer Juggs ancient ancestor Thuna Thunderjuggs (formerly spelled Thunder-Juggs).

I borrowed some real facts from history, and gave her a reason on why and how she got there in the first place. This will take place during the year 870 A.D., she hails from Denmark, and is a Viking berserker who was hand picked by Halfdan Ragnarsson (who was an actual king of Denmark) to set forth and explore this island.

Although I love Lust for Sail, I have been dying to write something for Thuna for quite awhile now, so I decided to go for it. It's taken me a few hours of writing, re-writing' and more re-writing to get the story started to where I like it. But I will post it's entirety tonight, giving a more in-depth telling of her tale. :D
I suppose I'll wait and see when/what you submit. But are you saying that your changing your Thuna idea to be the start of this "Lavindor Kingdom" type of "map and item" multipart game we've started discussing here? Or are you just letting us know that you're submitting a standalone Thuna idea that just happens to be medieval themed in response to those of us who were anticipating Lust for sail?

Guess we'll see when you post your idea.
dprinced47

Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 pm

anyone have a premium membership?
Dwayne

Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:42 pm

Jimjim3DX wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:16 am

Alternatively, if people don't want to go with time travel, the protagonist could be the bastard son of the King, but now that the King and all his family members have been assassinated, you're next in line for the throne, a female knight could be the character who comes to inform you of your birth right, vows to protect you and lets you know of the dangerous factions who are out to assassinate you next and put a end to the royal bloodline. To take back the throne you'll need to recruit a party of characters to assists. There could be a simple turn-based combat thing as the mini-game, you fight off assassins, recruit more babes of various professions/roles to your party/royal guard, eventually take back your rightful place on the throne, live happily ever after etc. Something like that?
I like this idea! Recruiting hot babes to fight alongside you! And perhaps after each 3 character installment, you could fight a mini boss of some kind with your new team...(which could be a female character you bang after defeat).
Pravus06

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:07 pm

I also want to fully support this idea!
Jimjim3DX

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Dwayne wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:42 pm
I like this idea! Recruiting hot babes to fight alongside you! And perhaps after each 3 character installment, you could fight a mini boss of some kind with your new team...(which could be a female character you bang after defeat).
Yeah, that's the idea. And hopefully each girl would have her own unique way of recruiting her instead of just clicking through dialogue. For example, one could be a doctor/healer character and you need to go collect some rare medicinal ingredients so she can finish treating her current patients before joining your party. Maybe there's an archer and you have a short archery contest against her(like the hitomi game). Maybe there's a mercenary who has a gambling problem and you have to beat her in a game of chance or something. And for some maybe simply choosing the right dialogue option is enough.

This all sounds rather complicated but it could still take the form of a simplistic MNF game as per usual. I'm not sugesting a whole rpg engine with full game-play and combat mechanics etc, it'd just be set up to feel like that type of game. Combat wouldn't need any animations or any drawings of the girls in your party. You could just have a static image of the protagonist and the opponent, two health bars, a box of actions/abilitys you can perform and then damage numbers when someone takes a hit. Kind of like a simpler version of the Persona game that Vadim made, requiring only a single camera shot and no animations during the combat. That way it would cost too much dev time.

Also when I say "recruit girls to your party", there's no actual party system needed. I was thinking recruiting a party member simply means you get a new ability to use in combat. The healer would grant you a heal ability, the archer - some kind of "strike shot" or something that does extra damage then your regular attack. At most maybe there's a "party" button on the map screen that let's you replay the unlocked sex scenes.

It'd just be as simple as all the other "map & item" MNF games, just with a repeatable combat mini-game for bosses, and maybe a few simple minigames to recruit some of the girls. It'd be more work than your regular game these days, but that's why it'd be simple at first & get multiple future updates every couple of months until its finally done. Perhaps each update could have 2 new babes who you recruit, then a female boss who you defeat and then fuck at the end. And all three new characters could be voted on via submissions like we've talked about.
Serrated

Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:47 am

Jimjim3DX wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:53 pm
I suppose I'll wait and see when/what you submit. But are you saying that your changing your Thuna idea to be the start of this "Lavindor Kingdom" type of "map and item" multipart game we've started discussing here? Or are you just letting us know that you're submitting a standalone Thuna idea that just happens to be medieval themed in response to those of us who were anticipating Lust for sail?

Guess we'll see when you post your idea.
The ladder. But I do plan on finishing Lust for sail after Thuna.
serega_mnf

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Jimjim3DX wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:54 am
Well, do you want something that's more traditional medieval? Or something more fantasy based that has magic and other fantasy elements?
We'll go with a fantasy based world, cuz original Lavindor Kingdom was a fantasy based one.
serega_mnf

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Jimjim3DX wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:16 am
Alternatively, if people don't want to go with time travel, the protagonist could be the bastard son of the King, but now that the King and all his family members have been assassinated, you're next in line for the throne, a female knight could be the character who comes to inform you of your birth right, vows to protect you and lets you know of the dangerous factions who are out to assassinate you next and put a end to the royal bloodline. To take back the throne you'll need to recruit a party of characters to assists. There could be a simple turn-based combat thing as the mini-game, you fight off assassins, recruit more babes of various professions/roles to your party/royal guard, eventually take back your rightful place on the throne, live happily ever after etc. Something like that?
Yes, I like this concept. Gain power through the battles, expand your lands, recruit new girls.
By the way, the original game character was a healer named Murton. It could be useful to re-play the original Lavindor game to remember some characters.